- Zygisk = Zygote + Magisk
- Use Zygisk-ified Lsposed (this was the undocumented learning to get Xposed modules running)
- Use Zygisk-ified USNF for safety-net check
Previous setup :Magisk 23.x (stable channel),with Lsposed and some Xposed modules. Update to Magisk 24.1 (app & Magisk) the usual way (through the app)
- Enable Zygisk (beta)
- Configure deny list and select the apps for which you do not Magisk to be loaded (I read that some elements of Magisk Hide are present in this option, but that's too technical for me).
- I chose Gpay and couple of banking apps (including SBI), trusted apps with license issues
- From 3 dots menu select system apps and tick Google Play services
com.google.android.gms(some blogs recommend also packages ending with
gms.unstable,but I couldn't see that on my device). Note that if you are using USNF module (see below),
com.google.android.gmswill be automatically unselected. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/discussion-magisk-the-age-of-zygisk.4393877/page-44#post-86474127
- Enable enforce deny list
In Magisk modules list previously installed Riru Lsposed and Riru will be disabled and a warning in red that says module suspended because Zygisk is enabled. Since they are anyway disabled, I didn't uninstall them, also it gives me flexibility in case I choose to disable Zygisk.
- Install through Magisk LSPosed zygisk-release.zip ( https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPosed/releases ) or from the https://web.telegram.org/z/#-1499638348 . Check that previously installed Xposed modules are listed and working fine.
You are good to run Xposed Modules again!
I found this very useful thread on XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/discussion-magisk-the-age-of-zygisk.4393877/ , which has other resources (some listed below) and some issues/solutions faced while upgrading to Magisk 24.1. I had no issues whatsoever.
For Safety-net evasion, install Kdragon's Universal Safety Net Fix (USNF),again the Zygisk version from https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases .Magisk 24.1 doesn't have safety-net check built-in, so install Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker (YASNAC) from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rikka.safetynetchecker / https://github.com/RikkaW/YASNAC/releases .USNF Magisk module is the only working safety-net fix/root detection solution ATM.
Since there isn't a built-in Magisk repo anymore, install Fox's Magisk Module Manager from https://github.com/Fox2Code/FoxMagiskModuleManager/releases or from https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/index/apk/com.fox2code.mmm . It lists modules both from the previous Magisk repo, a new repo plus https://www.androidacy.com/modules-repo/
Root hiding: install Shamiko from https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPosed.github.io/releases or from LSposed telegram channel linked above. AFAIK, it is the only solution to hide Riru itself. The stable version was released a few days ago.Do read the instructions in the zip file. I didn't need to install it but note that denylist (step 3) should be turned off. Though this is from LSPosed stable, it has drawn some https://twitter.com/realMlgmXyysd/status/1478215324981989380?s=20&t=uZevZVQr-Vxu_B30z-aUsg from one of the Edxposed team members and it's not open source too.
Finally, I am on Magisk 24.1 with safety-net check passed, that banking app working and importantly Xposed modules running fine. All the best!