How do I execute/test a large set of test cases with limited time and resources?

• We have a large set of test cases but limited time and resources to execute/test them all. We thought but it's not possible to execute/test everything.

I want to know strategies which will be beneficial in the above situation to cover more tests with limited time and resources.

Can someone suggest any strategy or way to move ahead for the above situation?

• Good question. Here I am going to explain some steps from my experience.

1) We need good teamwork for that.

2) Here I just want to clarify that "Execute All Test Case/Suite" term. We need to prioritize test cases in four quadrants like below.

Using a Priority Quadrant

3) Do a good amount of Exploratory Testing instead of totally scripted approach.

4) Try to cover all business-critical flow first.

5) Try to test all previous production defects and cover in the current regression cycle.

6) Give yourself some time for proper planning before starting with a sequential approach. What type of modules and test cases you can eliminate first and remove it first so now you have a list of all important tasks. Again use Priority Quadrant [Step-2]

6) And last but not least. Again we need Step-1 🙂

Always be open for feedback and suggestion.

Suggested Topics