API Management Tool Recommendation

• I am looking for a tool for API testing and collaboration that offers the following:

1. Creating a workspace that can be shared with a limited number of people.
    2. A good number of collections without being archived.

I am using Postman (free) right now and I can host only 5 collections that are shared with everyone in the organization. Beyond 5 collections, the collections get archived.

Looking for something free or economic as I can't pay 15 USD per user month right now. We are 4-6 users bootstrapping right now so please keep that in mind while suggesting options.

• For functional API testing you can consider using SoapUI, it provides unlimited workspaces/projects and immense features list even for open-source free version including assertions, mocks, scripting, automation, support of OAuth and WS Security, SAML, NTLM, security testing features, limited load testing features, support of SOAP, REST, AMF, MQTT, JDBC, JMS, etc.

Probably SoapUI is the most advanced web services (and more) testing tool you can find for free.

If you need to conduct performance testing of the web services the best candidate is Apache JMeter, it supports more or less the same protocols (including SOAP and REST web services) but it can create unlimited load and has much better reporting of protocol-related performance metrics via HTML Reporting Dashboard

Suggested Topics