Will need to perform load test for all Rest API of an application where backend is served
Consider, we have Front end Angular js application where backend is controlled by a API
Now this application contains around 300 API's.
Whether we want to perform load test for all these API's
How can i plan my test plan? Please provide an suggestion
Also we need to write an scenario based upon the URL's
- How application behaves if login is made by n number of concurrent user
- How application behaves if user is created by n number of concurrent user
How these test scenarios has to be planned whether in a separate script(separate jmx file) or else in a separate thread group(same jmx file)
note: Test scenario may increase consider it as an example also hardware based scenarios will be covered
morde last edited by
Your load test needs to represent real-life application usage.
Create a Thread Group per logical group of users for example there will be:
- x users which are logging in
- y administrators which will be managing users and content
- z authenticated users performing CRUD operations
Distribute the load in the more or less anticipated way
- Plan some spikes, i.e. most probably in 9 AM in the morning on working day the majority of logins will happen, after that people will be mostly working, then it might be massive re-login after lunch, etc.
- If you don't have expected numbers/percentages from the business you can just go for Stress Testing to wit start with 1 user and gradually increase the load until errors start occurring or response time starts exceeding acceptable thresholds (whatever comes the first), once you find the first bottleneck you can report it.