How to perform the performance testing on ViewState based application

• I was trying to perform the performance testing using JMeter on view state base application, but I'm not able to get a successful response.

As of now I'm able to record the browser action, but after recording, when I try to run the recorded script I'm not getting correct response.
    Question: Is there any better tool to perform the performance testing of view state based application?

enter image description here

This is the image, on the bottom of the image is the format of the response, so how should I extract the values?

• View State is one of client-side state management techniques, if you want to load test application which uses this technique - it means that you will not be able to successfully replay a recorded script without prior correlation.

You should design your test as follows:

• Request 1 - open first page

• Request 2 - replace recorded hard-coded ViewState value with the JMeter Variable from the previous step. Once done the request should be successful.

You can check out ASP.NET Login Testing with JMeter article for example of ViewState handling in JMeter

Suggested Topics