Setup of Test automation framework from scratch using NUnit and Specflow and RestSharp and selenium

• We have so many API's(5 to 8 API calls - Mostly REST based and 1 or 2 in SOAP based) and Oracle DB. We do not have any WEB UI. No UI automation.Only middle tier and backend automation. For automation of multiple REST API's, accessing Oracle DB tables/stored procedures, What are the best possible ways for effective BDD and ATDD Test Automation using C#

I'm looking combination of these..

NUnit and Specflow and RestSharp and Selenium with/without Page object model using C#

NUnit -> I want to use parallel test methods execution/calling with Priorities using C# similar to TestNG in Java.

//Arrange
    //Act
    //Assert

or

//SetUp
    //Act
    //Assert
    //TearDown

Specflow -> Gherkin based [Given When And Then] for Behavior driven with Feature files

RestSharp -> Handling REST API request and response asynchronously using async and wait

Selenium -> Thinking to use webdriver for Rest API's/DB interactions along with Specflow and Nunit C#. Currently No Web UI.

PageObjectModel -> Use of PageFactory/Page objects [I think this pattern not required]

Which pattern is feasible or best to fit above my requirement. No Web UI.

Help me the ways or pointers to beginning with automation from ground scratch using C#.

• You seem good to go with some service testing.

NUnit -> I want to use parallel test methods execution/calling with Priorities using C# similar to TestNG in Java.

//Arrange

//Act

//Assert

or

//SetUp

//Act

//Assert

//TearDown

Both ideas are actually the same. Arrange is a Setup + Teardown.

Specflow -> Gherkin based [Given When And Then] for Behavior driven with Feature files

It's a way to document your checks, although it can become cumbersome. Usually, service testing is pretty much self-explanatory.

RestSharp -> Handling REST API request and response asynchronously using async and wait

Yep - RestSharp's goal is exactly this. If you create the right boundaries and abstractions, you will be able to simply inject the dependency to RestSharp - enabling you to change to another library if you decide to do so.

Selenium -> Thinking to use webdriver for Rest API's/DB interactions along with Specflow and Nunit C#. Currently No Web UI.

Selenium is not meant to interact with services, but with browsers.

PageObjectModel -> Use of PageFactory/Page objects [I think this pattern not required]

POMs are meant to abstract graphical interfaces - not a case in this product.

Suggested Topics