Iterating in drop down through selenium web driver

• How do I iterate in drop-down using Selenium Webdriver?

I have a drop-down like B008124/001, B008124/002, B008124/003, B008124/004.

Here I have to select B008124/001 and perform some option like approve. Then I have to select B008124/002 and perform approve the action, and so on.

But the point here is: the mentioned 4 series will not always be the same; it depends on the scenarios and it may vary up to 6, or it maybe 1-2.

enter image description hereenter image description here

• The solution as you said would be iterating the dropdown with a loop. Since your question was not clear on; is there multiple dropdown or based on previous scenario the count of options are changed I will assume the later one is the question and my answer will be based on that.

What you can do is:

• Try to find every element exists in the dropdown
    • Exclude
      <option>- Select -</option>

• Select each element and continue accordingly.

To achieve above you need two things:

• Outer for loop for each element in dropdown.
    • Switch-case or if-else for the inner code of loop.

Here is an example code written in Groovy which you might easily adapt the language you use:

def iterationForAllElements() {
        List<WebElement> options = webDriver.findElements("selector for option elements")  // Get all available option elements into the WebElement list.
        options.each {option ->                     // This is the loop for each element.
           if(option.getAttribute("value") != 0) {  //Here you exclude option 0 since it's not really an option.

switch(option.getAttribute("value")) // I assumed for each selection there's different corresponding code should be working. 
                  case 1:                           //Otherwise you can use something else rather than switch case.
                     .....          //Here the code will be executed by the value **attribute** of option.
                  case 2:
                  default:
           }
        }
    }

You also might wanna check if there's any element in the list beforehand to avoid exceptions which might cause false negative results.

Suggested Topics