Postman or any API tools for API cache testing
irl last edited by
my application (Restful API, no UI interface at this moment) has the Cache Async in memory functionality at each GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Does Postman or any API tools has the ability to test the cache function?
jeanid last edited by
No, how would they know the reponse is cached.
- Call API with parameters
- Verify results
- Stop data storage (e.g. database)
- Call API again with same parameters
- Verify same results
How would you do it manually? Does that translate to an automated test?
- Is the second time faster? (if you can measure that)
- Can we make it testable by
- introducing data in the output saying its cached
- adding logs of each request to the datastore and verify it was not accessed by looking at the logs