What is the use of Maven in Selenium WebDriver Automation Project?
Marcee last edited by
Do we use Maven only to create dependencies in pom.xml file? Isn't there any other use of Maven in selenium project?
POM is surely one of the main advantages of Maven. But there are more:
- Maven provides support for managing the full life cycle of a test project
- Maven enables you to extend your project with maven plugins (test reports etc.)
- JARS are done automatically this means that Maven automatically downloads the corresponding files
- POM is centralized hence each tester or testengineer use same JAR dependencies
- Provides structure with naming conventions -> easier to locate
For more information please read: