Can a blade's Affinity Chart reward be earned before completing the previous level?

• I recently unlocked level 3 of Dromarch's Affinity Chart. Level 2 of the Raging Tiger skill is incomplete with a hidden unlock condition of "???" while level 3's condition is visible as "Use Raging Tiger (0/11)".

Is it possible to complete a blade's level 3 Affinity Chart reward before completing the level 2 reward? Will progress towards level 3 count if I haven't completed level 2?

Dromarch's level 3 affinity reward for Raging Tiger

• Is it possible to complete a blade's level 3 Affinity Chart reward before completing the level 2 reward?

While my current save is not in a really good spot to test this, but I'm going with No. While reviewing Myrtha's affinity chart, I have her level 4 nodes unlocked. As you can see in the screenshots below, she has a handful for level 2 and 3 not completed. I know for a fact I've used Lightning Buster and Photo Edge a numerous amount of times after unlocking these nodes, but yet they do not any progression towards completion.

Mythra Node 1 Mythra Node 1

Will progress towards level 3 count if I haven't completed level 2?

The answer to this one is that it depends on the node. As shown above, progression towards level 3 nodes does not count if level 2 is not completed. However, there are some nodes that have "Previous instances count toward total" as sub-text

Vale node 3

Suggested Topics