How can I fix the Wii Forecast channel on RiiConnect24 (Error Code: FORE000006)?
I'm getting the following error on the Forecast Channel after configuring RiiConnect24:
Unable to download the latest information.
Error Code: FORE000006
I have ensured that my date and time are configured correctly, and waited one hour as per the instructions on https://wii.guide/riiconnect24-batteryfix.html , but I am still getting this error.
I have also tried powering the system off and on again, and even left the system unplugged for a day and plugged it back in, to no avail.
Is there any other way to fix this?
You need to fully reset the date/time on the Wii. To do this, you can pull the CR2032 battery which keeps the date/time set. This battery is easily accessible on most Wii models via a little battery cover hatch.
- Unscrew the battery cover. Note that the screw will stay attached to the cover.
- Pull the cover and CR2032 battery out
- Leave the Wii unplugged and without battery for about an hour
- Re-insert the battery/cover and screw back into position.
- Power on the Wii, and go into the System Settings.
- Set the date and time
After this, you should be able to launch the Forecast channel. If done correctly it will prompt you about the date/time and allow you to configure your local area for weather reports.
Images from https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Wii+U+Console+Battery+Replacement/12589 - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/