How to know a messages format for different Minecraft servers
morde last edited by
Is there some way to get a messages format for Minecraft server, if I'm not a owner this server?
I'm trying to understand what the format is to extract from a chat line: receiver nickname, sender nickname, message, rank and etc.
For example, in the server cubecraft.net
- [CHAT] :Stone: SomeNickName: hello
- [CHAT] :Stone: SomeNickName: SomeNickName2 hello
- [CHAT] Me -> :Stone: SomeNickName: hello
- [CHAT] hello
- [CHAT] SomeNickName2 hello
- [CHAT] [You -> SomeNickName] check something
- [CHAT] [SomeNickName-> You] waht
How can I know the format per server? And additional how can I discern between nickname and part of message, like here: [CHAT] SomeNickName2 hello (SomeNickName2 can be nickname and can be part of a message)
Tl; dr, you can’t.
In Java Edition, servers send messages to clients in JSON format. These can contain any content, any formatting data, anything. The client simply shows this to the user.