MySql (local-Online) replication

• I am trying to apply MySql replication between a local server (Master) and an online server (Slave) and need your help.

** All names (username – password – server name) are just an example and not the real ones.

I have a Local server (Local-1) and I have configured it as (Master) like this:

(my.ini)
    # The MySQL server
    [mysqld]
    server-id=2962083
    log_bin=mysql-bin
    log_error=mysql-bin.err
    binlog_do_db=test1

then I created a New User (User1) with all privileges.

Now to try replication I have used a second local server (Local-2) as a test server and configured it to be a slave server for replication:

(my.ini)
    # The MySQL server
    [mysqld]
    master_info_repository=TABLE
    relay_log_info_repository=TABLE

then used shell to apply:

CHANGE MASTER ‘TEST1’ TO MASTER_HOST=’Local-1’, MASTER_USER=’User1’, MASTER_ PASSWORD=’Password1’;

And after running slave everything worked properly and I have got my databases synced.

Now I am trying to do the same with the online server, but in case to build a connection with my local server (Server-1) I need a Dynamic DNS because I have no fixed IP.

I have registered on noip.com and got the DUC and given my (Local-1) server a name (testpc.ddns.net). After that I did the following with my online server:

(my.ini)
    # The MySQL server
    [mysqld]
    master_info_repository=TABLE
    relay_log_info_repository=TABLE

then used shell to apply:

CHANGE MASTER ‘TEST1’ TO MASTER_HOST=’ testpc.ddns.net, MASTER_USER=’User1’, MASTER_ PASSWORD=’Password1’;

But it could not connect giving me: Slave_IO_State Connecting to master all the time.

I have tried the following;

• Turned off the firewall on Server-1.
    • Opened port 3306 for the incoming and outgoing on Server-1.
    • Enabled port forwarding on my router as the following: Service Name: MySQL Server Protocol: Both External Port: 3306 Internal Port: Internal IP Address: 192.168.1.50 (Server-1 IP address)
    • Tried (mysql-server.ithopehoms.ddns.net) instead of (ithopehoms.ddns.net) on the online server.
    • Tried (IP) instead of (ithopehoms.ddns.net) on the online server.

• 1.cat network dns

2.ping

ping ip/hostname must ok

3.need check error log

Suggested Topics