Authenticating with LDAP

• I want to connect LDAP to my MariaDB instance on my Ubuntu server so that I can create user accounts by linking them like this:

CREATE USER 'testuser'@'%'
      IDENTIFIED WITH authentication_ldap_simple
      AS 'uid=testuser,ou=testing,dc=test,dc=com'; 

But for that I need to install the plugin authentication_ldap_simple. I tried installing it with this command but it failed:

INSTALL PLUGIN authentication_ldap_simple SONAME 'authentication_ldap_simple.so';
    ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared library '/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/authentication_ldap_simple.so' (errno: 2, cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I tried to find a way to install the plugin via apt but I couldn't find any. Can you help me? How do I install authentication_ldap_simple or get the file authentication_ldap_simple.so? Or is there another way to authenticate with LDAP?

• The error indicates errno: 2, cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. I believe your .so is either broken/corrupt or is fetching from incorrect path. The plugin should be present in /usr/lib/mysql/plugin/. Validate if MySQL is trying to install the plugin from above path.

Suggested Topics