Can not login with windows authentication after changing sa and windows passwords

• I changed sa and Windows administrators password successfully, I can login to server with sa without any problem, services working normally, database is not corrupted and working without any problem.

Problem is I cannot login with Windows authentication after changing sa password, mixed login mode is enabled, even I can create new user and I can login with it but I can not login with Windows authentication, the error I get is always:

Error Number: 18456 Severity: 14 State: 1 Line Number: 65536

Another thing is I can connect to Analysis services with Windows authentication, but Database Engine does not accept Windows authentication.

info:

Select @@Version:

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM) - 14.0.1000.169 (X64) Aug 22 2017 17:04:49 Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2016 Standard 10.0 (Build 14393: ) (Hypervisor)

enter image description here

enter image description here

SSMS is checked to run as Administrator always, but does not help.

• The error log you provided says:

Could not find a login matching the name provided.

So, my guess is that at some point that Administrator login was removed from SQL Server.

To check that, please, connect to your SQL Server instance using the sa login and verify if the xxx-DC\Administrator is listed under the folder Security > Logins. If it's not there, add the login and try using the Windows Authentication.

Suggested Topics