2 node RAC: gv$encryption_wallet has wallet in different locations?

• Linux x86_64 Exadata X8, Oracle 12.1.0.2, 2-node RAC.

1. I created a wallet on node 1. In $TNS_ADMIN, sqlnet.ora contains "wallet_location=/u01/oracle/correct_dir"

2. Node 2, I spaced creating sqlnet there or defining $TNS_ADMIN. I caught this, created the environment var, copied sqlnet.ora there so now "wallet_location" on node 2="/u01/oracle/correct_dir". However gv$encryption_wallet shows this

INST_ID CON_ID WRL_TYPE WRL_PARAMETER STATUS

1          0 FILE      /u01/oracle/correct_dir/      OPEN
        2          0 FILE      $ORACLE_HOME//wallet NOT_AVAILABLE

3. "ls -la $ORACLE_HOME/wallet" returns "No such file or directory"

4. On node 2 I issued "ADMINISTER KEY MANAGEMENT SET KEYSTORE OPEN IDENTIFIED BY "" CONTAINER=ALL; It said, "keystore altered"

5. Now, gv$encryption_wallet shows this:

1          0 FILE      /u01/oracle/correct_dir/      OPEN
        2          0 FILE      $ORACLE_HOME//wallet OPEN

So where is node 2 getting the above dir? How is it opening a wallet but showing an non-existent directory? How do I update the instance so it shows the correct one?

Thank you, OraBrick

• all -- in this case the answer is simple: If you add a missing sqlnet.ora to your $TNS_ADMIN dir and open the keystore, Oracle will look for sqlnet.ora, find it, find the wallet and open it. Oracle apparently updates v$encryption_wallet.status column but "not" v$encryption_wallet.wrl_parameter. For that you must restart the instance on that node. I dunno. After that it will read sqlnet.ora and all will be right in the world again (at least my tiny part of it)

1 0 FILE /u01/oracle/correct_dir/ OPEN

2 0 FILE /u01/oracle/correct_dir/ OPEN

Thanks for those that took the time to read my post.

Suggested Topics