What is the resulting priority between Impact x Effort and Urgente x Importance Matrixes?
I'm trying to organize my tasks here in a spreadsheet because of the mobility. I'm trying to prioritize these tasks using 2 matrixes: the impact and effort matrix:
This would result in a priority1:
High impact x low effort: 1 High impact x high effort: 2 Low impact x low effort: 3 Low impact x high effort: 4
and the importance and urgency matrix:
This would result in a priority2 :
urgent x important : 1 urgent x not important: 2 not Urgent x Important: 3 not Urgent x not important: 4
Since I'm using a spreadsheet, and the two matrices together will generate another priority list, I would like to know if there is an established priority, between the result of the first matrix
priority1and the result of the second matrix
Thank you all guys
These two matrices serve different purposes.
You may apply the urgent x important (Eisenhower) matrix as a "filter". Worth recap some concepts:
- Urgent is something that cannot wait
- Important is something aligned to one's goals
With that in mind...
- You'll always focus on urgent + important (do now). Hopefully, there isn't many items here (if everything is urgent, nothing is urgent).
- Once you cleaned the 1st queue is when you'll look at not urgent but important (do later). This is where most of your items will appear.
- Urgent items that are not important should be delegated to someone else who considers them important
- Not urgent nor important should be eliminated
Once you apply this filter, you apply the second matrix to "fine tune" the priorities based on their effort x impact.