How can I better organize this table data, where rows are repeated since metrics have both a 'lights on' and 'lights off' value

• I have a web app where a user needs to set a lot of values within a table like this:

metric lights target max min
    hum on 50 70 30
    hum off 40 70 25
    temp on 23 26 21
    temp off 21 25 18

In my app those are all editable fields. My issue is that I don't like having two copies of each metric just to display both the lights on and lights off values.

The obvious answer would be to toggle the data between a lights on and lights off mode, but my problem with that is that the users of my app need to be able to see both on and off sets of data on the screen at once since the data represents ranges.

I'm not confined to using a table, that's just what I'm currently using.

• Does this work? This clears out the repeating info and gets those numbers together but I'm not sure if that's what you need.

enter image description here

If users need these numbers, this a a good display. If users are looking at these numbers and then figuring out the range between them, or anything else like that, you should show them what they're trying to figure out.

For example, if they're figuring out the ranges between these numbers, show them the ranges in a bar chart.

Suggested Topics