Is it OK if normal users can see and access "staff login" page in a website?

• My website has 2 types of users: Customers and Staff. I want each type of user to be able to login in a separate page. Is it OK if I show a "staff login" link next to the normal users (customers) login link? Or should I somehow hide the staff login link from normal users?

• I am assuming that the vast majority of your users will be customers. In this case, the most common practice I have seen is to have a very visible form for customer login, with a smaller link below it or elsewhere on the page that takes the user to a separate staff login form. If, for technical reasons, you want to have both login forms on one page, I think this would be alright as long as you do take steps to keep the emphasis on the customer login form. Maybe the customer form has a bright red or blue login button, while the staff form has a grey one? I would not go so far as hiding the staff login; you want to avoid customer confusion by accidentally using the wrong login, but you don't want to add too many extra hoops for staff users either.

Suggested Topics