POCO X3 flash fail

• TL;DR - Tried to flash TWRP and ended up with TWRP where my OS should be. Have both Mi and TWRP recoveries on device now.

Using a POCO X3(not the pro) and I wanted to install TWRP on it. I found an unofficial build (by a recognized dev) on XDA and proceeded to flash it in fastboot mode. I also pressed the right key combo immediately after running fastboot reboot, but it kept going back to Mi recovery 5.0. I did this a couple more times but to no luck, it'd keep booting to Mi recovery. I then tried booting temporarily into TWRP using fastboot boot command after flashing the boot image one more time. I could access TWRP now, so I thought that's that and powered it off. Then I pressed the recovery combo and Mi recovery flashes on the screen again. I select reboot to system and it then took me to TWRP. So now I have both Mi and TWRP on my device somehow. I don't know what caused this spectacular mess or how to get out of it. Any ideas?

• download MIUI according to your current version.
    in TWRP connect adb shell

adb push boot.img /tmp
    adb push "TWRP 3.5.0-0 By mahajant99.img" /tmp
    adb shell
    cd /tmp
    dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot
    dd if=TWRP\ 3.5.0-0\ By\ mahajant99.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
    reboot recovery

Note: in order to disable avb/dm-verity one must install Magisk. rename Magisk-v24.3.apk -> Magisk-v24.3.zip

adb push Magisk-v24.3.zip /tmp

TWRP -> Install -> tmp -> Magisk-v24.3.zip -> Swipe to install

Suggested Topics