Installed magisk after LineageOS upgrade and now wifi doesn't work
I have a OnePlus 7 Pro. I had LineageOS 17 (Android 10) with microG, magisk, and vanced on it running just fine for almost a year. I upgraded the Android version to 11 first (which LineageOS documentation says is a pre-requirement) then I upgraded to LineageOS 18, and everything seemed to work just fine. I can confirm that my recovery and wifi worked.
A few days later I wanted to open Vanced YT, but it was no longer installed, then I noticed that magisk was no longer installed. So I installed it according to it's instructions which was basically using the app to patch the
boot.imgI got from the extracted files (from a payload-dumper) and then installed the produced
Ever since then is my problem. I can no longer turn on my wifi, I no longer have recovery mode, and every time I turn on/reboot the device I am greeted with a "System UI Crashed" error message. I can hit ok and everything else seems to work as expected. With the exception to my wifi not being able to turn on
What I've tried:
- re-flashed the original
- re-flashed the recovery image
- uninstalled magisk
- I tried re-flashing other images from the payload dump (modem.img, etc) the same way the LineageOS documentation said to upgrade and I get the following error
fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img fastboot: error: Could not check if partition modem has slot all
I have no idea what that error means. Nothing changed. I'm still greeted with the same crash message. I still can't turn on my wifi. And I still can't boot into recovery mode.
To make sure I'm clear, my question is; "Where should I go from here? What things can I tell you in order to help me get my wifi working again, and to fix this 'System UI Crashed' error message?"
- re-flashed the original
So I figured out what I did wrong. I basically patched the wrong
boot.imgso the kernel was mismatched. I patched the one from the OnePlus OxygenOS. Instead I needed to patch the one from LineageOS.
The steps I took in order to fix it was:
- unzip the LineageOS zip
- extract the payload with a payload dumper
- copy the boot.img to my device
- patch that boot.img
- copy the magisk patched image which was produced from the magisk app
to my computer with
- booted my android device into fastboot mode
- flashed that magisk patched boot image to my device
After that when it rebooted, everything worked as expected with one exception; GCam. But I think this is related to the LinageOS upgrade. I was able to fix this by re-installing microG and upgrading to a newer version of GCam. All other original issues where cleared though. Wifi, phone, etc.
I hope this helps someone.