Return always false as using isSelected() in Selenium Webdriver java

• enter image description here

I'm trying to use isSelected() method on Amazon website.

I'm trying to tick the check-box of item filter and then read the status of check-box by isSelected() but it always returns false message.

Please help me to overcome this problem.

package seleniumProgram;

import java.time.Duration;

import org.openqa.selenium.By;
    import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement;
    import org.testng.xml.LaunchSuite;

public class Check_isDisplayed_Enabled_Selected extends A_openBrowser {

public static void main(String[] args) throws InterruptedException {
        openChrome("www.amazon.com");
        WebElement search = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//input[@id='twotabsearchtextbox']"));

System.out.println("Search box is Displayed = "+search.isDisplayed());
        System.out.println("Search box is Enabled = "+search.isEnabled());

driver.navigate().to("https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Nintendo+Switch+Games&i=videogames&bbn=16227133011&rh=n%3A16227133011&dc&ds=v1%3Au77TZDZ%2FgBsOBF9WBVz5WxCcRXqJa6CeSHU8sDYD8Dk&pf_rd_i=23508887011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=434db2ed-6d53-4c59-b173-e8cd550a2e4f&pf_rd_r=CVZSGC265EZ08YTW0ZDE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&qid=1653816583&rnid=2528832011&ref=sr_nr_p_89_1");

WebElement box = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']"));
        System.out.println("U&I Entertainment CheckBox is Selected = "+box.isSelected());

//driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(Duration.ofSeconds(10));
        driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']")).click();
        driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(Duration.ofSeconds(10));

WebElement clik = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//body[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[3]/span[1]/div[1]/div[1]/div[1]/div[3]/ul[1]/li[2]/span[1]/a[1]/div[1]/label[1]/i[1]"));
        System.out.println("U&I Entertainment CheckBox is Selected = "+clik.isSelected());
        driver.close();

• So what you want to do is to check if a check with the label "U&I Entertainment" is selected/checked/clicked.

But, in your code,

WebElement box = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']"));

WebElement clik = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//body[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[3]/span[1]/div[1]/div[1]/div[1]/div[3]/ul[1]/li[2]/span[1]/a[1]/div[1]/label[1]/i[1]"));

you are actually getting an

• element and not the actual within that

So I changed those 2 lines with,

WebElement box = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']//input[@type='checkbox']"));

WebElement clik = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']//input[@type='checkbox']"));

and I got the desired result.

Here's my code that worked,

try {
            WebDriver driver;
            System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver", System.getProperty("user.dir") + "//geckodriver");
            driver = new FirefoxDriver();
            driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(20, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
            driver.get("https://www.amazon.com");
            driver.manage().window().maximize();
            Thread.sleep(2000);

WebElement search = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//input[@id='twotabsearchtextbox']"));

System.out.println("Search box is Displayed = "+search.isDisplayed());
            System.out.println("Search box is Enabled = "+search.isEnabled());

driver.navigate().to("https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Nintendo+Switch+Games&i=videogames&bbn=16227133011&rh=n%3A16227133011&dc&ds=v1%3Au77TZDZ%2FgBsOBF9WBVz5WxCcRXqJa6CeSHU8sDYD8Dk&pf_rd_i=23508887011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=434db2ed-6d53-4c59-b173-e8cd550a2e4f&pf_rd_r=CVZSGC265EZ08YTW0ZDE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&qid=1653816583&rnid=2528832011&ref=sr_nr_p_89_1");

WebElement box = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']//input[@type='checkbox']"));
            System.out.println("U&I Entertainment CheckBox is Selected = "+box.isSelected());

driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']")).click();

WebElement clik = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='p_89/U&I Entertainment']//input[@type='checkbox']"));
            System.out.println("Search box is Displayed = "+clik.isDisplayed());
            System.out.println("U&I Entertainment CheckBox is Selected = "+clik.isSelected());

Thread.sleep(5000);
        driver.close();
        driver.quit();
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

Suggested Topics