What is the ISTQB rule for verifying copyright in the web page?

• Copyright © 2004, ABC Ltd.

Should I pass the test case or should I fail it as the website is not update as per 2022?

• I'm not sure if there is any rule made by ISTQB or any other organisation for the example you have given.

Your question,

Copyright © 2004, ABC Ltd.

Should I pass the test case or should I fail it as the website is not update as per 2022?

Well, is there any specification that says that the copyright certificate has to be renewed every year for (and updated on) the website?

What does the requirements documents say?

What is written in the compliance policy (If at all there is one) of the document? If the document says that for compliance purposes the copyright certificate needs to be updated/renewed, then you should report it.

Does the website have any content that isn't covered by the copyright certificate issued in 2004 to ABC Ltd.? If it does have such content, does it require to be copyrighted? If yes, then you should report it. If no, then you can let it pass.

In case there isn't any documentation, you can always check with your business analysts, manager, product owner, or even the legal team of your (or the website owner's) organisation. Based on what information they provide, you can make a decision on whether to report it as something to be fixed or let it pass.

Suggested Topics