Photos and videos not showing up on Windows in DCIM\Camera for Galaxy S21 Ultra
Laycee last edited by
Often I can't see any files in DCIM\Camera on my Galaxy S21 Ultra running Android 12. Last night it worked and I copied multiple GB of videos / images, then it didn't work the next times I tried.
I've tried the following steps:
- Rebooting phone and computer
- Uninstalling the phone in Device Manager under Portable Devices
- Updating the USB driver using the ... menu in Smart Switch
- Updating the USB driver by downloading directly from Samsung
- Enabling USB Debugging mode and rebooting (this made things worse so I had to turn it off)
- Changing the USB mode to charge only and then back to "USB for file transfer"
- Changing the USB mode to "USB for image transfer"
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Bogopo last edited by
This was able to be solved using the Files app to move a bunch of images to another folder and move those off the device and then the DCIM\Camera folder worked again (read online that the image count can be a cause of this issue).
As a tip, pressing and holding and dragging allows selecting a bunch of files relatively easily.