What is this unknown app on Oppo running Android 11?

• This app just popped up on my Oppo A74 running Android version 11 and I can't open it, and it doesn't have a name.

I haven't downloaded anything today, and this app only came a few hours ago, so there's no chance of it being an app whose icon the developer forgot to put in. I am also not using an external SD card.

I can move it around while holding but I can't delete it nor remove it from the home screen. Clicking it gives the following prompt "Failed to read app data. Cannot run the app". When I long-press it, only app info comes up, clicking that does nothing, it doesn't show any info.

What is this app? Is it safe?

• I hate to possibly be the bearer of bad news, but that is the exact same icon that appeared after i accepted a "system update" which sadly was NOT what it claimed. It's odd that the icon remains on your homescreen though so it may be something harmless. You can read about it here https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/mobile/2021/04/android-system-update-malware-steals-photos-videos-gps-location/

Suggested Topics