Apps detecting Android on VirtualBox as jailbroken/rooted

• I'm using Android in a VM, namely VirtualBox. The reason for this is that my bank forces me to use the (very badly rated) banking app SecureGo, but I have no Android or iOS device.

These things worked well:

• Setting up the VM
    • Installing android
    • Installing the SecureGo app

However, SecureGo refuses to work because it says that it detected a jailbreak or rooting on my device.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Configuration

• Virtualbox 6.1
    • Android 8.1.0 (x86 64-bit iso from https://fosshub.com/Android-x86-old.html )

• Unfortunately the error message SecureGo shows is most likely not the actual reason. Banking apps and other security sensitive apps often check their environment and if something is not as they expect from a real unrooted device they simply state that the device is rooted, no matter if this is true or not.

As your device is not a genuine Google Android device at all I don't think SecureGo will ever run on it.

Therefore the only way is to speak with your bank and ask what they provide for people without smartphone and tablet. And if they don't offer your something then you have the two choices to stay and buy a cheap Android phone or switch the bank.

If you decide to stay make sure the device you buy is not from an unknown Chinese vendor. Only consider large well known brands.

Suggested Topics