Rooted Moto Z2 Play: Unable to power on after unhiding Magisk Manager app, upgrading Magisk version and reboot. Is there any way to fix this?
I have a Moto Z2 Play device (android 7.1.1) that was rooted with Magisk (v20.1) with Magisk Manager app (v7.4.0). Magisk Manager Hiding feature was also activated.
When I deactivated the Magisk Manager Hiding:
- Magisk Manager v7.4.0 got auto updated to v22.1 and Magisk was shown as not installed
- Selected direct install option in the app to install Magisk (v22.1)
- Rebooted the Moto Z2 Play device
And the device failed to power up... Is there any way to fix this?
I have tried Fastboot boot to TWRP and flashing Magisk-v20.1.zip but to no avail, device still doesn't start up normally when I press the power button. Currently I can still boot into fastboot/recovery mode.
UPDATE: @alecxs answer worked for me, still trying to figure out how to accept it as the answer.
Apart from flashing stock boot.img, I also flashed magisk v20.1 uninstaller and reflashed magisk v20.1 installer to fix the booting issue.
- Flashed stock boot.img using fastboot flash boot boot.img -> device now powers up, but goes into boot loop
- Flashed magisk v20.1 uninstaller via TWRP -> device still goes into boot loop
- Flashed magisk v20.1 installer via TWRP -> device starts up normally with all my data still intact and magisk + magisk manager both back to original version (magisk v20.1, magisk manager v7.4.0)