Android 11: how to disable persistent notification

• I'm not sure what's the best name, and probably these are not even "notification" since I tried to surface the whole menu and submenu without success.

The only thing I know is that when I setup this new phone yesterday (an OPPO Find X3 Pro), at some point I did encounter a setting that allowed me to delay these notifications from the "default" (2 second as far as I remember) to 30 seconds.

As a result, there are some operations showing the output of their action (e.g. the contact app when you delete a contact says "1 contact deleted") for the above time in a kind of overlay that is impossible to remove. I simply need to wait it disappears after the timeframe.

This persistent clutter drives me crazy and I don't know where else I can search for it.

Is it my memory serving me incorrectly about the above setting, or did I really changed something in the settings?

• So, after an unsuccessful attempt to get Oppo's support (they suggested a system setting factory reset), I was able to figure out the setting location for changing the toast length time on android 11 and ColorOS 11.2

Everything boils down to the Accessibility menu, particularly this one: Settings->Accessibility->Time to take action.

I basically turned it to 30 second causing the problem above described. This was done mostly because of the "improper" description following that setting (description available only in the setting itself) as per the screenshot.enter image description here

Suggested Topics