How to register Smartmi

• Bought an air-purifier which can be monitored/controlled by https://www.smartmiglobal.com/pages/help-center .

To use this app one have to enter a Verification code.

The app, nor the support page, say anything about what this verification code is, so it is likely one think this has something to do with google verification when searching the web.

Where to get the code?

• When filling in the form one enters e-mail address. The app sends a verification code to that e-mail address – without any notice, or submitting the form. Not sure if one have to press the “Apply verification” button (which is after the input) for the e-mail to be sent, but it does not hurt. It also might work differently if one use a mail-account linked to the phone. (As in apply might auto-fill, but I do not know).

In my case I had to press that “button”/label for it to send a new verification that worked. I also had some lag on the first almost dozen e-mails which made me going down a rabbit hole.

After verification one have to enter WiFi password and also have Bluetooth turned on.

Would have to figure out why it need both WiFi and Bluetooth but that is another matter.

Suggested Topics