I blocked internet access for my Xbox Series S and now games don't even start. How-To play offline?
On https://teddit.net/r/xbox/comments/smo1qz/can_play_my_on_xbox_series_s_offline/ people say you can play games on Xbox Series S without internet (even Game Pass stuff).
I have had a different experience. I have blocked internet for Xbox in OpenWrt router and now the flight simulator does not start at all.
Am I doing something wrong? Why do people on Reddit say you can play games offline, but for me the startup aborts with an error message.
jeanid last edited by
As per Xbox Support page https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/using-xbox-one-offline
When your Xbox is offline, you can:
- Watch TV
- Sign in to your profile (if you've signed in online before)
- Change console settings (except for profile and family settings; content controls remain in place while offline)
- Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc)
- Save game clips and screenshots
- Earn achievements (however, there's limited offline space for game captures and achievements, so you should go online every so often to sync them)
So I'm guessing you will have to set the Xbox as home Xbox.
To change your Home Xbox, go to Settings. Then under the General settings, select
Personalization > My home Xbox.
Once you're in the My home Xbox menu you can choose to make the Xbox you're on your new home Xbox.