I'm trying to redownload Minecraft by deleting it but it keeps saying I can't move it to trash because it's open
I'm on a 13" Macbook Air. I used to use the regular launcher but I couldn't open it anymore so I started using Lunar Client. Then I messed up my controls (I accidentally set my screenshot keybind to Left-Click) so I'm currently trying to redownload Minecraft to fix that issue. But whenever I try to move the Minecraft file to the trash it gives me an error message saying, "The item "Minecraft" can't be moved to the Trash because it's open.".
When I try to right-click on Minecraft to see if I can force quit it there's no option. Everything looks as if it's not open at all.
You should be able to close Minecraft from the Force Quit menu (Option + Command + Escape). If you are trying to delete Minecraft completely, moving the launcher to the trash will not do so. To completely delete Minecraft please follow these steps:
- Open a Finder window
- Click the Go Menu item and Click Go to Folder
- Type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft into the text field and click Go
- Drag the saves folder to your desktop
- Drag everything else in the minecraft folder to the trash
- Drag the saves folder back into the minecraft folder
- Close the Finder window and launch the Minecraft App just like you would normally.