Extend redstone signal maintaining signal strength

• I'm trying to build an archery range with targets of varying distances. When you shoot one of the targets the signal travels through the ground to the very back of the range. At the back there's a high wall with redstone lamps at the top to indicate how accurate your shot is. I am wondering how do I extend the redstone signal to reach the back wall and maintain signal strength.

For example, if I shoot a target which produces a signal strength of 4, I want the signal to travel x distance to then light up 4 redstone lamps.

• You can use repeaters and comparators to change the strength of a signal (reset to 15 and subtract respectively).

Signal going in the back of the repeater is increased to level 15 strength on the wire piece in front. You could put repeaters branching of a trail of wire from the target, each on activating 1 lamp. (This may require spacing the lamps.)

Comparators set to subtraction mode can reduce signal strength (read https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Redstone_Comparator#Subtract_signal_strength for more info).

Suggested Topics