In 1.18.1 is the mob generation different for my mob farms?
In 1.18.1 is the mob generation different for my mob farms? Like different from 1.16 and 1.18
briley last edited by
According to https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-java-edition-1-18-1 , changes were applied to fog:
World fog now starts further away from the player, to make distant terrain more visible.
Instead of applying fog as a spherical volume, it is now applied as a cylindrical volume.
And of course, several bugs were fixed. But nothing regarding mob spawn.
Latest version to change mobs spawn was https://www.sportskeeda.com/minecraft/mob-spawning-changes-minecraft-1-18-all-need-know :
- Axolotls can now only spawn in the water above clay blocks in lush cave biomes.
- Cod, dolphins, pufferfish, salmon, squid, and tropical fish will only spawn in water between height levels Y=50 and Y=64. However, these creatures can spawn in lush cave biomes' water at any height.
- Drowned zombies can now spawn in dripstone cave biomes and warm ocean biomes.
- Pillagers can now spawn on snow blocks.
- Foxes can now spawn on podzol, snow, and coarse dirt blocks.
- Glow squids now only spawn in water blocks under the height level Y=30.
- Goats may now only spawn in snowy slope, jagged peaks, and snowy peak mountain biomes.
- Rabbits can now spawn on snow blocks.
- Wolves can now spawn on snow blocks.
- Hostile mobs now spawn only in areas where the block light level is equal to zero.