Can I cheat my way to get a no longer tradeable Pokemon and then transfer it to a newer game?
So basically what I want to do is get event exclusive Pokémon for Platinum (Darkrai, Manaphy/Phione, Shaymin, Regigigas and Arceus) by using my ACE3DS+, and then transfer those to my Pokémon White (I have legitimate copies of both games, but I don't have an Action Replay).
I missed the events where I could get them and only managed to get the shiny Dog 3 + Celebi when events happened for DP/PL/PT. Since servers are no longer maintained for either Gen 4 or 5 I wondered if I should be able to do it.
Will the "hacked" Pokémon be usable for White once transferred, or is it a lost endeavour and I should just give up entirely?
Demir last edited by
If you have a legitimate copy of Platinum, there is a chance you can use the exploit mentioned here: https://www.shacknews.com/article/108512/how-to-unlock-gen-4-and-5-pokemon-mystery-events-in-2018 to obtain the Mystery Events that you missed. You do apparently need a compatible internet router (an Android phone also works), but the basic steps are as follows:
- First, make sure Mystery Gifts are unlocked in your copy of Platinum - Head to Jubilife City and into the Jubilife TV building. On the third floor, find the man in the bottom left area and he will ask two questions. For the first question, choose “Everyone” “Happy”, then for question two, answer “Wi-fi” “Connection”. This will unlock Mystery Gift in the usual menu before you start the game.
- From the start menu (before beginning the game) choose Nintendo WFC Settings.
- If you're using the Android Phone method, set it up as a portable hotspot with security set to none. Otherwise you need a router with WEP protocol. Obviously both methods are a bit of a security risk these days, so don't leave them on for long!
- Search for an access point within the Pokémon game, and connect to your hotspot (if you're using a 3DS make sure the wifi is switched on on the console before entering the game). Now go back into the settings, and turn off Auto Obtain DNS - instead, type in the Primary DNS as "164.132.044.106" (leave the secondary one as all 0s).
- Save the settings, then back out of that menu and choose the Mystery Gift option. Search for a gift with Nintendo WFC and receive it. You'll have to go back into Mystery Gift multiple times to receive all the gifts.
I tested it out using my phone as a hotspot and it worked perfectly, giving me the https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_English_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_IV mystery gift!