MS Project Dynamic Portfolio Reporting

• I have a team creating projects in MS Project. I need them to share their projects with me (in sharepoint?) so I can pull individual reports in real time. I then need to take those dynamic projects and put them into a master that I can report on from the Portfolio level. Appreciate the help.

• I have a team creating projects in MS Project. I need them to share their projects with me (in sharepoint?)

You should establish a shared network location where your team will drop their up-to-date Project files on a regular cadence (maybe every day, once per week, etc.) that works for you. I don't recommend using SharePoint because people will sometimes get hung-up on the whole "check-in/check-out" system SharePoint offers and MS Project files should really be worked off user's local machine, not the network or web (especially if your team is working remote and connecting to the network through a VPN).

I then need to take those dynamic projects and put them into a master that I can report on from the Portfolio level.

MS Project has a built in way of integrating multiple subproject files into a single master schedule but this feature, in my opinion, is terrible and can end up causing a bunch of issues in the files and eventually corrupting them. There are some third party tools that can help you integrate multiple projects in a much better, less risky way than what MS Project offers. https://ssitools.com/multiple-project-management-tools/ .

Suggested Topics