Which browsing mode is better for Web App Testing? Incognito mode or Normal mode?

• I have a web app for testing. Can someone tell which browsing mode(Incognito/Normal) is better? What are pros and cons of testing Web App in Incognito mode and Normal mode?

My mentor advises to use Incognito mode, but I think it will miss some issues related to cache or search history or cookies.

Thanks in advance.

• While this depends heavily on what part/functionality of a web app you want to test, there is a place and time for both.

For example you might have a pop-up for informing the user about a cookie and have him accept (or decline) it.
    Typically this pop-up would only show for the first visit, making incognito mode ideal for repeatedly checking the pop-up itself without having to clear your cache etc.

On the other hand you might also want to check if this cookie setting is accepted/saved, preventing the pop-up from appearing every visit.
    For this you would need to use the normal mode as only then will it be saved for next time.

Suggested Topics