Do we really want tools for our work?

• I am running a small team and I am performing perfectly in my work.

But a few days ago one of my friends told me that we should try a tool or software package that will help increase productivity and and employee management too. with the help of the tool we can track the every employee status on the particular project and their overall performance. But I am not in mood to investing the tool at this moment.

So tell me, I am already happy with my work performance without using any tool. so, should I buy a tool or can work continuously with my ongoing situation.

• Advancement in tools increases work performance. It's been proven in our world since the industrial age and into our current technological age. There is no credible dispute to that general statement.

However, to answer this question for your specific project at this specific time, producing whatever it is you're producing, then that depends on the tools you are currently using and the proposed tools you are considering. Introducing new tools comes with inherent benefits, costs, and risks. You need to evaluate each alternative tool against those three criteria and choose the alternative that scores higher in benefits than costs and risks.

Your happiness and your perception of your work performance are immaterial to this analysis. What is material, notwithstanding the three criteria above, is your delivery performance of scope quality against your planned schedule and costs. These are objective values. If you are performing as promised based on your performance measurement baseline, then maybe doing nothing is your best alternative. If you are not, then evaluating different tools might be worth your time.

Suggested Topics