How to deal with Ready To Deploy in Sprint Backlog

• I have a difficult question about how to deal with the ready to deploy user stories in the product backlog, as well as in the sprint backlog.

My current Kanban board is below:

To Do In Progress Testing Ready To Deploy Done
    User Story 1 User Story 4 User Story 6 User Story 7
    User Story 2 User Story 5 User Story 8
    User Story 3

My DOD

• Pass all Acceptance Criteria
    • Pass all Test Cases
    • Deploy to Production
    • PO confirmation (Who is me)

My current problem is that my clients does not want to Deploy to Production, so that I can't move User Story 7 and User Story 8 to Done.

How can I deal with this?

My solution is that put all Ready To Deploy stories back to Product Backlog and create another user story called "Waiting to Deploy" and linked all Ready To Deploy stories to this story.

If I can't, so how can I deal with this?

Thank you Thank you

Best Regards

• I'm going to take it a step further than https://pm.stackexchange.com/a/33251/30 . Things that are outside the control of the team should not be part of the Definition of Done nor should they be on the team's board. Since the team cannot choose if and when to deploy work that meets the other criteria to production, the team should consider the work Done with a signal to the other stakeholders that it is fit for deployment.

If you want visibility, I'd consider a more abstract, higher-level Kanban board that has columns such as "Backlog", "In Development" (which represents the To Do, In Progress, and Testing columns on the development board), "Ready for Deployment", and "Deployed". On this higher level board, once card has progressed through testing, it "falls off" of the developer's board (since it's done) and moves into the Ready for Deployment state on the more abstract board. This keeps the team board nice and clean, and also lets you and the stakeholders have visibility into what can be deployed.

Suggested Topics