Performance testing on Messaging queue

• I have secnario to test , when I send rest API using loadrunner / jmeter parllely request using consuming by the Messaging queue .so I need to check difference of how may messages are received by message queue per second and how much time it's taking to acknowledge the message . Is there any way that we can check this ? Which is better way to report this ?

1. I need to check difference of how may messages are received by message queue per second

put JMS Publisher and JMS Subscriber into different Thread Groups, this way you will be able to measure throughput (the number of messages per second) which you're sending/receiving

2. If you want to track each message and record its processing time

• in 1st Thread Group extract message ID and store it into JMeter Properties along with current timestamp in JSR223 PostProcessor like:

props.put(messageID, System.currentTimeMillis())

• in the 2nd Thread Group extract message ID and look for its submit time, then subtract it from the current time, this way you will get message processing time

def entry = props.entrySet().find { entry -> entry.getKey().equals(messageID) }
        def now = System.currentTimeMillis()
        def sent = entry.getValue()
        def processingTime = sent - now
        vars.put('processingTime', processingTime as String)

you can add the next line to user.properties file:

sample_variables=processingTime

so the value for each and every message will be stored into .jtl results file and you will be able to plot it at the HTML Reporting Dashboard

References:

Suggested Topics