What is best approach to run regression Automation in Agile

• We are following agile methods in manual testing. We had not done any automation until sprint 10.

Our current sprint is 15.

After sprint 10, We started automation using Java, Maven, and Selenium from Sprint 1. Now we have automated suite ready sprint wise from sprint 1 to 10.

As a QA my question is, what is the best approach to run the automation test suite. I mean there is no meaning to run whole automation suite of 1 - 10 sprints on a daily or weekly basis because we change any existing functionalities rarely.

We have different features like Departments, Employees, login, register and a lot more.

So should we run the automation test suite by features when that feature is modified? OR we should schedule all test cases of automation?

We are planning to use Azure pipeline for automation with maven build but as we are not yet confirm on best approach, we did not create pipeline.

• It depends on the execution time of the automated test suite - if it's few minutes then it can be run after each new commit - when new changes are introduced to the code-base. If it takes longer then you can run it at the end of each sprint or even just before the new version of application in question goes to the verification / validation stage. It should compliment your specific development process and not hinder it with additional waiting time to build / release application.

I mean there is no meaning to run whole automation suite of 1 - 10 sprints on a daily or weekly basis because we change any existing functionalities rarely.

So you can say with 100% certainty that new code will not break any of existing functionality?

Suggested Topics