Cannot recover Pluggable Database
I am new to RMAN and I'm trying to recover a pluggable database with
recover pluggable database
Before issuing the
recover pluggable databasecommand, I perform the following steps:
- Backup the pluggable database with incremental backup+autobackup
- Shutdown the database
- Delete control file from CDB and all files from PDB I want to recover(because i want to simulate restoring a PDB when the control files are missing)
- RMAN target and issue
- Restore the Control File from the autobackup(which generated when i do an incremental backup on PDB)
- Mount the database and issue
restore pluggable database
- After all files for PDB and Control file in CDB are restored, I run
recover pluggable database.
But when i run this last command, this error happens
RMAN> recover pluggable database pdb;
Starting recover at 23-JAN-22 using channel ORA_DISK_1 RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-03002: failure of recover command at 01/23/2022 23:59:47 RMAN-06067: RECOVER DATABASE required with a backup or created control file
What is causing this error and how to fix it? I already restored the Control File from backup and this error still occurred. Do I need to backup both CDB and PDB in order to recover the PDB when the controlfile are missing?
Thanks in advance!
The controlfile is at the CDB level. Since you have restored the controlfile, you need to recover the instance as a whole (CDB + PDBs). If you issue the RECOVER DATABASE command while connected to the root container, it should recover the CDB plus the PDB whose files you restored.