Cannot recover Pluggable Database

• I am new to RMAN and I'm trying to recover a pluggable database with recover pluggable database

Before issuing the recover pluggable database command, I perform the following steps:

1. Backup the pluggable database with incremental backup+autobackup
    2. Shutdown the database
    3. Delete control file from CDB and all files from PDB I want to recover(because i want to simulate restoring a PDB when the control files are missing)
    4. RMAN target and issue STARTUP NOMOUNT
    5. Restore the Control File from the autobackup(which generated when i do an incremental backup on PDB)
    6. Mount the database and issue restore pluggable database
    7. After all files for PDB and Control file in CDB are restored, I run recover pluggable database .

But when i run this last command, this error happens

RMAN> recover pluggable database pdb;

Starting recover at 23-JAN-22

using channel ORA_DISK_1

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-03002: failure of recover command at 01/23/2022 23:59:47

RMAN-06067: RECOVER DATABASE required with a backup or created control file

What is causing this error and how to fix it? I already restored the Control File from backup and this error still occurred. Do I need to backup both CDB and PDB in order to recover the PDB when the controlfile are missing?

Thanks in advance!

• The controlfile is at the CDB level. Since you have restored the controlfile, you need to recover the instance as a whole (CDB + PDBs). If you issue the RECOVER DATABASE command while connected to the root container, it should recover the CDB plus the PDB whose files you restored.

HTH

Suggested Topics