Useful UI themes that add value

• I am trying to research content about UI themes that add value. Normally this is associated with vanity customization, but I find certain themes quite useful.

• A high contrast theme is valuable for accessibility
    • A monochrome theme helps developers/designers (DX) to spot design problems
    • A dark theme... might be borderline real value and usefulness, but so many users demand this that even OS and browsers ship with this concept

Asking about theme styles that target specific problems is an open ended question. Although I would appreciate any extension to my list, I would like at a minimum to know if there is a established term in the UX field for this concern. Mostly I want a the magic words to start searching about it. So far I only get "TOP Best Themes" results, which is exactly what I do not care about.

• I think an obvious one that's missing would be another common accessibility theme but for colour blindness.

Another one that I know about is a theme that makes it easier to read in high intensity light (e.g. outdoors in the sun) for readability.

Actually, with the new https://material.io/blog/material-theme-builder for dynamic colours, there should be more flexibility and response to different contexts.

Suggested Topics