With appium which language will be compatible when application is built on dot net?

• My application is built on dot net and I want to automate the application using Appium tool. I am not able to decide which language should I use with Appium to automate this app. Considering this is a mobile app and I want to test in android, iOS and on the web too.

• Straight forward Answer: As Appium is a cross-language tool for mobile automation & it's independent of product language developed. you can use any language listed below.

• Ruby

• Python

• Java

• JavaScript

• PHP

• C#

I am not able to decide which language should I use with Appium to automate this app.

But the answer to this question is not straight forward: Some factors have to be considered before start working.

• The current language being used by the company for development: If an organization has everyone using C#(Assuming you are using C#), then that should be the ideal language to use.

• Introducing a new language isn’t easy better to use a language that QA testers are already comfortable with.

• Developer support for the programming language should also be considered. suppose if local developers are experienced with a particular language, then that language is a better choice for QA teams as well. In case testers require help with the language, defects, or development tools, it becomes easier to make use of the already available in-house expertise.

• For individuals who haven’t programmed before, using script-friendly languages like Python, Ruby etc. could be the best way to go.

• Java is the most commonly used language, but my personal opinion is that scripts can be complex because of the relatively complicated syntax.

Suggested Topics