Is there a difference between the website and the web application?

• I asked you earlier. https://ru.stackoverflow.com/questions/550945/%D0%A7%D1%82%D0%BE-%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5-java-ee ♪

Okay. From the answers, I realized that Java EE was good for web applications and too much for websites. I've heard that:

Web application is a client-serious application where the client is is a browser and a web server. Web application logic distributed between server and client, data storage Mainly on the server, information exchange It's online.

But isn't the site a web application? At first, it seems that this is the same exchange of documents between the client and the server of a protocol. Isn't it? Especially in the case of AJAX.

• It's a very delicate moment, and it needs to be dealt with more in terms of the concepts. Now, of course, the cholera will begin, but I will still bring my chemo.

The Site is more of an information resource with no complex logic and more content-oriented. Saiths are mostly publicly available on the Internet.

On the other hand, the use of the application involves extensive interaction with the user, the receipt of the data business from the user, their difficult handling and storage, perhaps even without giving the result to the user. Web applications often work in Intranet.

Example of the first is the same glass, habr or chips after all.

Example of the second is googledox, SAP, etc.

Web application for work, entertainment/detection site.

Anglophone article on Vicki gives us such an explanation:

The general distinction between an interactive web site of any kind and a "web application" is unclear. Web sites most likely to be referred to as "web applications" are those which have similar functionality to a desktop software application, or to a mobile app. HTML5 introduced explicit language support for making applications that are loaded as web pages, but can store data locally and continue to function while offline.

UPD From the viewpoint of a balloon horse in a vacuum, any website can be described as a web application and vice versa. But in reality, these definitions are usually divided according to subjective characteristics described above.

Suggested Topics