What is the difference between the approaches the addition/outcome of entities in EF

• There's a contempor from the presentation that accepts the object of Class Book. db in this case context. As far as I'm concerned, the record can be done in two ways.

First:

public ActionResult Create(Book newBook)
        {
            db.Entry(newBook).State = EntityState.Added;
            db.SaveChanges();
        }

And the other:

public ActionResult Create(Book newBook)
        {
            db.Books.Add(newBook);
            db.SaveChanges();
        }

Please tell me what the different approaches are and which one is preferable to use?

• Specifically, there is no difference. It's preferable to use the one you understand personally.

But in general, surgery. db.Books.Add(newBook); and db.Entry(newBook).State = EntityState.Added; They can behave differently.

Method db.Books.Add(newBook); He'll check that newBook not yet added in the context db♪ If you download the book from the base, then add it back, there's a mistake.

At the same time, db.Entry(newBook).State = EntityState.Added; Nothing checks out. If you download the book from the base, then add it back, it'll be a copy of the database.

I don't see you having a db variable. I hope she's not static? The statistical context of EF is a serious mistake.

Suggested Topics