How do I click on an element available in a specific row where dynamic row is added?

• In the below pic, I need to click on the icon in a row which is newly added and column1 value is stored as global variables.

Have used the below code, unable to find a solution. WebElement userListTable = driver.findElement( By.xpath("//*[@id='KendoActiveCorpUserGrid']/div[2]/table"));

List<WebElement> rows_table = userListTable.findElements(By.xpath("//*[@id='KendoActiveCorpUserGrid']/div[2]/table/tbody/tr"));

int rows_count = rows_table.size();

for (int row = 0; row < rows_count; row++){
            if(ResultName.getText().equalsIgnoreCase(globalVariables.NewCorpUserName)){

}
        }

Need to click on element id avaialble in that row:

//*[@id="CGOLK90700779C"]/span/span/i[3]

ResultName is the position for which variable is stored globally.

enter image description here

• for (int row = 0; row < rows_count; row++){
            if(ResultName.getText().equalsIgnoreCase(globalVariables.NewCorpUserName)){ }
     }

Here, you are just performing the same check (if) rows_count number of times.

You need to perform the check on each row, rather than on these global variables.

// Finding the table
    WebElement table = userListTable.findElement(By.xpath("//*[@id='KendoActiveCorpUserGrid']/div[2]/table"));

waitTargetTextToBeOnTheTable(table, globalVariables.NewCorpUserName);

//Finding all rows
    List<WebElement> rows = table.findElements(By.cssSelector("tbody tr"));

// Finding the first row that matches our criterea 
    WebElement targetRow = rows.stream().findFirst(
                               row -> row.findElement(PLACE_HERE_THE_LOCATOR_OF_THE_USERS_COLUMN).getText().equals(globalVariables.NewCorpUserName).get();

// Find the icon inside the row
    WebElement icon = row.findElement(By.ByXPath, "//span/span/i[3]");

// Interact with the icon
    icon.click();

Replace PLACE_HERE_THE_LOCATOR_OF_THE_USERS_COLUMN with the proper locator, and you will perform the check on each Users column, in order to identify the row.

waitTargetTextToBeOnTheTable would be as simple as:

wait.until(ExpectedConditions.textToBePresentInElement(targetElement, targetValue));

Suggested Topics