security vpn

• Recently, a VPN service has been purchased for free search of blocked sites. It's very convenient that you can choose a server as you wish and a good speed. Unfortunately, I can't find an answer to the simple question of personal data security.

If I'm connected to this VPN, I'm authorizing my gmail/mail, Internet banking, or I'm gonna pay for a credit card on any website?

• Good afternoon!

We have to understand that using the VPN side, you are on the one hand defending against malicious men who can intercept your traffic from you to the VPN server, but at the same time you fully trust. All right. Your transhipment to this vpn-server. I mean, he could be intercepted there. Or organise a Mitm attack. Depending on the objectives of the owners of this vpn.

I.e. summary:

• If you need to hide your IP address and open up any resource and don't want to use proxy-- vpn is a normal solution.
    • If you want to secure your wire traffic (e.g., get out of the int café), then vpn to of the server's a good decision, too.

Otherwise, it's pointless.

Suggested Topics