Choice of OC for a starting point

• I'm a starter web developer, studying and writing php. 99% of the time used Windows. But now we have to choose Linux or Windows 10 The esteemed guru can explain the advantages of using Linux (I chose Ubunru 16.04) as compared to Windows 10.

The threshold of entry is a little higher than vin, and have to be thought.

But I'm only willing to figure it out if it's worth it. You know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know what you want.

I read a lot of articles on the Internet on this subject, and almost everywhere, water is pouring into empty water. I'll be grateful for the constructive answers.

• In fact, for the developer, the question of choosing the operating system is not as subjective as it may seem.

And if you're aware that https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/operating_system/all The web servers use Unix, the choice becomes even less subjective and obviously dictates:

(a) Market requirements specific specialization

(b) technical advantages specific specialization

If you're definitely going to the Bakend, it makes sense to choose a linux because there's an objective advantage: it's much easier for young people, for example, to collect some non-standard module for php/python.

As an example: https://github.com/Crack/runkit-windows I mean, if you can't run the module on your own, you're gonna have to be satisfied with the collections that someone will make for you.

Example: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ python-modules for Windows. Since the Bakend is often not only the issue of content, but also data science, the dependence on such bills is absolutely unacceptable (and is uncomfortable)

Underneath the vindu, all the projects can normally be filled--- but you're gonna have to study the colts-- put a MS compiler, add a lib, fix it up there, see, patch something up, so that the lazy, usually, is the compatibility of the MS compilator, can understand your code. Maybe instead of MSVC take mingw/cygwin, etc. It's good for a light summer coding at night, friends, but it's not an option for serious development.

With. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux With Linux in a dozen, that's the advantage, Maybe. It'll go away, but then you'll just teach Linux while you're in Windows. In addition, we need to see if it is easy to profuse/debate in this layer of interoperability, whether there are any young people working there. strace and other Low-level tools

Besides, until recently, Windows couldn't work well with simlices. If the project uses simlins - hana. Now they say it's better, but I didn't check.

And, of course, I forgot about caste demons. If you go to the office that uses linux for sale and that writes demons on c/c++, to which php/python/ruby/node.js are approached, they'll probably develop them 100%. only under the linux, you're not gonna win them.

Well, yeah, experience with linux will be useful when you're in the deck.

Repeat, all of this is about the development of the Bakend (lightly the Android, because the Android is linux)

P.S., when you learn to work peacefully in the terminal, you'll have rooms, ssh-accesss, mountains of virtois, etc., you can always go to Vindu, but purely pedagogical, during the training period - at least I'd choose the system to work with.

P.P.S., I'll make: - "not so hard to compil" is very subtle. If you have a php under MSVC, and this is a default assembly, you're gonna have to get MSVC and deal with it. Have you ever put MSVC underneath the php collection is very simple.

On my current job, I've got a very serious and large technician, and if I have to put a virtual to compil python-packets under the linux, productivity will fall.

I'm not saying win evil, just if there's 67 percent of the servers on the market working under the Unix, and you're looking for a job in the back... well. DS is just a tool, and now we're choosing it. If the author had asked about the Xbox games, I would have voted for the Vindu.

"No don't all use them" and "I don't use it because I have a vinda" is not an answer to the interview, and it's not a solution to the working questions.

What other grounds could there be for an axle? If you use it for work, take what's best for work, if take what's right for games. We're talking about work here, specifically about Beckend. That's what I said.

P.P.P.S. Some paragraphs, from my reply, are fair to OSX/MacOS. Although OSX is Unix, but the practical problems of working with the Bakend are also there. At least, rich, for now, Docker's support through VirtualBox, like the Wind.

P.P.P.P.S. will add another paragraph - if you're going to work in a small web studio - then google/yahoo/yandex/mail/rambler - look. https://www.opennet.ru/opennews/art.shtml?num=30545 ♪

The news is old, but, according to my observations, there's little change - Bakend's collective development in big offices is mostly under linux/bsd-osx.

From the point of view of the UI/programs for development, there is no difference between Windows/Linux. Most of the major programmes that are used for the Bakend-Dev are redundant - PhpStorm/NetBeans/Vim/Emacs. And the rest is, when you work, you can only see the IDE/reviser, the browser with an open project plus a staverflow, and the terminal. If you see anything other than a terminal/reviser/broser, then you're not working.

Suggested Topics