Network computer search

• Hello! There's a client-server type program, but it can be a client and server. That is, there is a group of computers connected to the Wifi network, each with the software. One computer puts a tie in the program that I'm a server, so everyone else has to search for it and join him as clients. The server then begins to send messages on demand and on demand. How do you find the server?

Otherwise, knowing the name of the computer server can be connected to it, but how do you know his IP online automatically?

Yes, I'd like to know ipconfig through ipconfig, put it in the client and connect. But how do you automatically do that?

Thank you.

• In the Ethernet local segment, this is done with a bradcast udp package (all for the port) for which the server is specifically answered by the sender (when this package comes to know the IP server).

For a non-local subset, this method only works if an external broadcast is allowed on the routers (usually the admins close it).

If bradcast udp works in WiFi I don't know (but try looking in this direction).

Suggested Topics