What's the difference between Rack's production and development work?

• The new one in RoR. I understand Rack's work principle, but I can't find any clear information on production and development.

• The circumference - not Rack - will work equally in all settings, the ravages - are simply a convenient means of organizing the project, its design files and the set of hems for the development environment (development) and server (production).

When developing, you may need different hems that facilitate the development, location of hosts, local databases. In the operating environment, on the server, you don't need half a hem, or vice versa, you might need monitoring hems or gams for production-server that are useless in development.

The extra hems are just gonna take a place on the CD for nothing. Besides, local and server, you need other database settings. Frequently, environments are used for different web servers in operation and development. For example, Webrick or thin servers can be used locally, and production and surrounding the server of Unicorn or Puma.

In addition to production and development, you can introduce your own environment. For example, very often staging circumference is used for a demonstration and test server where you first check the work capacity, demonstrate the work done to the customer before they go to production-server. The test circumference in which the tests are run is often used. The latter has to do with the fact that, in order to insulate tests, the contents of the database are often removed before each new test, it is important that such removal does not affect your development database, or the god of production-database.

I mean, the environment is just a convenient way of working on the project, different working modalities of your application. Rack will work equally in every environment.

Suggested Topics